Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A Proposal

From me to you:


Yes you, the Greatest Spokesman in the World. You are just my type: Tall, Skinny, and Dorky. You make me laugh. You love your job at Nationwide Insurance and your enthusiasm is contagious. It makes me want to be enthusiastic in everything I do! And the cute dimples don't hurt either. Yes, I think we were meant to be together. And I am sure that if I call for a quote and then ask you to marry me you wouldn't think it was too forward. In fact, you would think it would be the greatest idea ever! We could be Mr. and Mrs. Nationwide and live happily ever after with our vanishing deductible. What do you say?


Perhaps this is a sign that I watch too much tv or that my love life is, as ever, dry as a desert. That is all true, but I think that if you were to try to come up with the ideal person for me you couldn't come much closer than this. Although Lacey told me once that I should marry this guy:

Yes, that's Numa Numa Guy. He definitely hits the dorky category but he could stand to work on the tall and skinny category. Then again, so could I. So maybe if things don't work out with Mr. Nationwide I could become Mrs. Numa instead. That has a nice ring to it. And a ring would be nice : )

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!You do watch too much TV! Does that mean that any guy I choose would work for you?(Since I have always said "He is in the library, looks kind of nerdy and has a pocket protecter.")"You heard he has a temper, he'll beat you every night, but only when he's sober, so your alright". Also, there is this janitor at the school who wants to go to BYU.....haven't met him yet....

Linds said...

No, not any guy would work. Basically I was just trying to say that if you happen to know a tall, skinny dork who is enthusiastic and funny we might get along swimmingly. But I think it backfired because now anyone who wondered if I really were slightly off my rocker will have their suspicions confirmed upon reading this post. Guess I'm doomed to "old-maidhood" (at just 26 years old!) :)

Anonymous said...

ok. What are the statistics for the number of guys who are tall,skinny and funny vs tall, dark and handsome? Just want to know what I am up against.

Heidi and Jeff said...

We had to look up the nationwide guy, and the numa numa guy...we were not dissapointed.

You should move to Rexburg. I have seen quite a number of tall, skinny, dorky guys here lately. Or even just come for a visit...hint hint. =)